“The staff is attentive, kind, and professional. I no longer deeply dread dentist appointments! I highly recommend this dental practice and hope they continue to serve the SW Portland area for many years to come.”- Laura S
Portland TMJ Treatment
TMD is a difficult disorder to diagnose. From headaches to clicking to jaw pain, there are many symptoms that may be indicators of TMJ/TMD.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, we want to let you know that you are not alone (and that you don’t have to endure the pain forever). With our TMJ treatments, we help patients from all walks of life go back to living a more comfortable, pain-free life by visiting our practice.
Think you need TMJ treatments? Give us a call today to schedule your first appointment!
Indicators of TMJ/TMD
There are various symptoms of TMJ/TMD. The main indicators include:
- Pain in the Jaw Joint, Ear, or Neck – With TMJ, you will generally feel an aching pain in the jaw and it usually worsens when you open your mouth, bite down, or chew. (You may also experience jaw pain in the morning.)
- Tingling or Numbness in the Facial Region – If you feel numb or a tingling sensation in your jaw or in your cheeks, you may have TMD. Give us a call if symptoms persist.
- Clicking, Popping, and Locking of the Jaw – This is common with TMJ disease and may occur when chewing food or talking.
Our TMJ Treatment Options
We offer multiple TMJ treatments for all of our patients undergoing jaw pain. We offer splints, mouthguards, and more to ensure that you are living a life free of jaw pain. Give us a call today to learn more about all of our TMJ treatment options!
Combating Jaw pain in Portland
It’s time to get the jaw pain treatment you deserve. Here are the main benefits of receiving TMJ treatments:
- Eases Discomfort – TMJ treatments can ease pain and discomfort in the jaw area. Whether you are suffering from chronic pain or just have occasional attacks of pain, TMJ treatment can help you get back to living like normal.
- Improves Bite – Because TMJ is related to your bite and jaw alignment, it can be difficult to improve your bite through dental work alone. However, with the right TMJ treatment plan, we can make sure that your teeth fit together properly and give you the best possible smile.
- Prevents Further Damage – TMJ treatment can prevent further damage from happening to your jaw and teeth.
Have jaw pain in Portland? Give us a call today!
“Absolutely the best staff and providers! Very friendly, kind and knowledgeable! We love it and so do our kids!”- Kelly N
“Burlingame Dental Arts is amazing and is adding incredible resources and tools for you to be educated on your dental health. The last visit I had was more insightful than all of my dentist visits combined in the last 20 years.”- Andie W.
“I highly recommend Burlingame Dental Arts. The entire team is amazing and very professional. Whether I’m in the office for a cleaning and exam or having a crown placed… the care is always exceptional.”- Nicole M.
“Really good people. Highly skilled and talented staff. All the latest technology and creature comforts, and a prevailing commitment to both craft and family lifelong dental wellbeing!”- Ken W.